Benefits of Being Greek
LET’S BE REAL: WE KNOW THE STEREOTYPES.
Sororities and sorority women often get less than flattering portrayals on TV and in movies. So why would anyone want to go Greek?
The truth is that sororities and fraternities have been making positive impacts for decades. Whether through community service, educational programs, philanthropic pursuits, leadership development, or just making lifelong and like-minded friends, Greek organizations offer plenty of benefits to members.
YOU BECOME PART OF A FRIENDSHIP CIRCLE AND AN EVER-GROWING NETWORK.
• Friends will be a big part of your support system throughout your lifetime, especially during college. Countless individuals have bonded with fellow Greek members, and built amazing friendships and networks. There are more than 4.4 million initiated women alone among National Panhellenic Conference sororities.
YOU’RE LIKELY TO BE AMONG LEADERS.
• Two-thirds of the members of Congress and 80 percent of Supreme Court justices are members of fraternities or sororities.
• Half of all S&P 500 officers and directors are Greek.
• More than 85 percent of student leaders on some 730 campuses are involved in the Greek community.
YOU’RE LIKELY TO SUCCEED ACADEMICALLY AND GRADUATE.
• A U.S. Government study shows that more than 70 percent of all those who join a Greek organization graduate, while less than 50 percent of all non-Greek students graduate.
YOU’RE LIKELY TO HAVE A PUBLIC SERVICE COMMITMENT.
• Greek undergraduates raise about $7 million a year for local and national charities.
Sign Up for Recruitment Today!
Alpha Chi Omega participates in Panhellenic Formal Recruitment. To sign up for recruitment, visit http://utpanhel.webs.com/recruitment. We are so excited to meet you all this Fall!